Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The BIG 6-0!!

September 23, 2012.... My dad turned the big 6-0!!
And what a fun celebration we had too!
                           Kayson and Brooklyn blowing horns for the big day!
Dad with his girls (minus Alyson)
                                           
 We celebrated with family up the Nebo Loop in Bear Canyon.  This has always been a family tradition to go up there for my grandma Betty's and dad's birthdays in September.  It was absolutely beautiful!  I think Coby may or may not have gotten sick of me saying, "wow, look how pretty" or "whoa, look at those colors" around every corner and turn.  I just love the mountains and don't get anything out in Delta. 
 After lunch, we started up a rousing game of softball!  It was a blast.  Everyone played, including my grandparents who are 74 and 82!
 Here's some of our heavy hitters! Grandpa Smith, Dad, Aunt Gay and Aunt Ellen
 Aunt Annie was our star pitcher!  And here's Grandpa Smith, stealing bases I believe :)
                                             My amazing dad!!

 Grandma and Grandpa Smith with Kaden (look at the beautiful colors inthe back)


 Look at my 82 year old Grandpa go!  So glad he jumped in on the game! Sure do love ya Grandpa Smith
Enjoying our little camp site and cheetos! :)
 Here's my little hiking man.... suddenly he's in to hiking all the big hills and will grunt or squawk until someone joins him!

                     Meg and Aunt Gay, some of our All-Star defenders!

And here's grandpa Brad, doing what he does best... always reading to the grandkids. 
I'm sure he would have rather spent his birthday, not making a fuss about things and napping or watching movies... but he always humors all us girls and lets us throw parties.  He is such a great great dad and grandpa.  He has been through so much in the last few years and we are so blessed to have him with us today.  We had a moment on his birthday where we were talking about how exciting it was to be 60 and he said, "well a year ago this time, I didn't think I'd be here for 60!"  He got choked up and of course we all started bawling. I couldn't help but realize how truly blessed and grateful we all are for our dad!  I couldn't imagine life without him.  He truly is the rock of our family!
Happy 60th Dad!
We love you!
(And here's to many more birthdays)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Brad! Your pictures are gorgeous! I love that you played family softball, so fun :)

    ReplyDelete