Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pregnancy #2

Wow!! Where to even begin with this pregnancy?!?  Honestly, it is so crazy to me to think that our little boy will be here in 2 days.  I'm slightly starting to freak out! We are so super excited to meet this little guy and add another special boy into our family, but the realization of having another c-section kinda puts a damper on things.  I feel so jipped not to ever get to experience child birth the natural way.  Just in case anyone has questions, Kayson was an emergency c-section.  I went through all the labor and pushing, but never dilated the last 1/4 a centimeter. We decided to push really hard and get him out, but his heart rate plumeted and the Dr. said no more pushing and started ordering the OR crew their STAT.  It made for a very difficult recovery and traumatic first experience of having a child.  I remember one of the first questions I asked my Dr after was if I'd have to have all c-sections, or if I could do a VBAC.  Neither Coby or I can remember the entire reason, only that he said he would never recommend that I tried a VBAC because I had a much higher chance or rupturing and having complications than the average VBAC.  So.... I guess it's c-sections for us! 

But wow, has this pregnancy been different since the get-go! We, along with everyone else thought this baby was going to be a little girl, just for the fact that it was so different than my pregnancy with Kayson.  I was so so sick from the beginning.  Yes, your typical nausea and vomiting, but I was in a lot of pain and hurting, had to be checked into the hospital various times for fluid replacement and nausea meds, and overall was sick various times with weird and different things.  Poor Coby and Kayson have had to deal with one sick, pathetic wife and mom! Luckily things started to taper of around the first of December, but various times throughout the rest of the pregnancy I had weird sicknesses/problems come up.  There was one time they thought I might have had kidney stones or appendicitis, turned out to be a bad kidney infection.  Another time, I was so sick with stomach and intestinal problems, thinking a possible blockage, turned out to be a viral intestinal problem.  Jeez, I promise I'm not a hypochondriac or want drama, but this pregnancy sure sounds like a lot of drama.  

But enough about me, this little guy appears to be healthy... and BIG!  Maybe not, but according to ultrasounds, the baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead, while I am measuring right on.  So we're all guessing at least 8 pounds, of which I would be thrilled.  No complaints here with a big baby! No real cravings this pregnancy other than dairy products (mostly cheese) during the beginning, which I'm sure definitely helped with being "plugged up" but that was all I could force my self to eat.  And then lately, it's been chocolate milk and cookie dough/brownie batter.... I know super healthy right??  I'm awesome like that.  

Here we are at 21+ weeks
I feel like I got a belly so much faster this pregnancy!


As it says, 30 weeks

                                             This was Easter sunday and I was 33 weeks
And fortunatley the last posed pregnancy pic at 35+ weeks!
Yes, most of the pictures appear to be on sundays, because that was the one day of the week I was dressed cute and got ready! (It's not like I stayed home in sweats all day or anything :)

Once again, there are so many emotinons running through my head about bringing another little human being into this world.  Mostly excitement, but I also know 2 little ones will be a transition for our family.  I am so used to Kayson and myself... just my little bud and me, and I know everyone says this, but it's hard to imaging loving another little one just as much.  I know we will love this little boy, there's no doubt about that, it's just that Kayson has been our world for the last 2 and a half years, and all of a sudden that attention is going to have to be divided.  I am beyond thirlled to be having another little boy and can't wait to see our two little boys bond and love eachother (among other things I'm sure).  Babies truly are miracles and we feel so fortunate to be blessed with one more miracle in 2 days!  Can't wait to meet you little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment