Monday, July 30, 2012

Girls Weekend...

July 27-29: This last weekend we had a little get away.... also known as a GIRLS WEEKEND!!
We celebrated my mom's birthday by heading down to St. George and spending the weekend.
Friday night before Tuacahn/Dinner, we had a little time to spare, so we headed up to the famous Dixie 'Crack' by the Dixie Rock.   Amanda and Jenny went right through, but my mom and I wussed out!! We still had fun taking pictures though :) 

 Jenny ~ Me ~ Amanda

That night we all went to Aladdin at Tuacahn!!
FABULOUS
It was so good and so much fun!! 
And such a fun way to celebrate my mom's birthday!  


 Alyson was unable to come with us, due to Dr's orders and being so far along pregnant,  so our cousin Josie was able to come with us!! Jos is one of us anyways! :) 

 We spent the next day with a lot of shopping, eating, swimming, and relaxing and watching olympics! As Amanda called it.... "this was not a skinny girl weekend" :) 
 Our last day there, Amanda and Jenny couldn't handle the fact that my mom and I didn't do the "crack", so we went back.....

 Now, when I say "crack", that is exactly what it is..... A SMALL crack in the rock that you wedge yourself between and shimmy about the equivalent of half a block or so!  And for those of us who are claustrophobic... it is terrifying!!  My mom attempted twice but had a panic attack, freaked out and headed back out!  I was so stubborn and said I wouldn't do it.... which is so not like me to back down to something, but I was freaking out.  After just a little bit of coaxing and a small amount of waiting [I won't mention how long it really took to finally get us to go through :) ] I finally just "cowboy'd-up" and did it!! You literally have to just squeeze through some parts!

 Mom made her debut shortly after... with a little more coaxing and a few foreigners just walking right up to it and walking right through without hesitation :)   We were all so proud!

                            In the crack!!! Look at this awesome mom and grandma go!!
                                              We did it!!! :) 
What a fun girls weekend we had!  Lots of laughing, food, hanging out, BATMAN, shopping, and sun....we had a blast!!
Sure do love my mom and sisters! Can't wait for our next girls adventure!! 

3 comments:

  1. Seriously such a fun time!! I love hanging with my sisters. Especially when we get to do the crack! :) So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it!! We definitely need to do that again! And for those of you reading this, the crack took MORE time than we dare to discuss. ;) In the end the big thing is ... YOU DID IT!!! :) Good times!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN weekend! Every girl needs a few (or lots) of those weekends, especially when they are with your mom and sisters! I love how close you all are. Best of times!

    ReplyDelete