Monday, February 25, 2013

Christmas Party at Stein's!!

As always, Christmas time is just magical... and you better believe the weekend after Thanksgiving, we had all of our Christmas decorations up!! I love this time of year and don't think that it lasts nearly long enough, so we put everything up asap!

We bought a new tree this year and decorations... and I absolutely loved it!
 Our first encounter with Santa was at our ward party.... needless to say, it didn't go so swell! :(  Kayson wanted nothing to do with Santa.  He clung on to me for dear life.  This wasn't the most friendly Santa though, so I was hopeful for other encounters throughout the season. 

We then started out our season of parties and festivities at the magnificant, fabulous STEIN ERICKSEN'S LODGE in Park City!! My uncle Russ decided to have our Olsen Family Christmas party up there this year, and to say the least, it did not disappoint!! It was so much fun!!
The first day up there, my uncle Russ hooked everyone who wanted to, up with skiing passes. 
Although Coby in a snowboarder and has never skiied in his life, he was so excited to try it and ended up having a blast.  Here is Coby and our cousin Rusty!

And the rest of the clan: Coby, Rusty, Vance, Amanda, Alyson, Brandon, and Jared
(since I was prego, my mom and I were on babysitting duty)

 It was so fun and definitely kicked off the holiday season to have some snow!
 That night at the party, we had our second encounter with Santa Claus, and it went better.  As he called out the various kids one by one, I tried getting Kayson excited and not to be scared.  When it was his turn though he started to cry and clung to me once again.  We were able to get close, but as you can see, Kays just clung on for dear life. 

 This was honestly one of the best Santa's I've ever seen and Kayson decided he wasn't so bad.  He turned and looked at his prizes and said "Hi Santa" and "Thanks Santa"
 He even allowed Santa to give a pat on the back :)


We had so much fun and more good food than you could ever imagine.  We had so much fun with all of our family and enjoyed staying up late every night, playing games, hot tubing, and having fun!  Thanks so much Uncle Russ for the wonderful party.  We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment