Friday, July 9, 2010

Father Goose :)

Ok, so I just had to share this random story!! The other day Coby and I were up shopping in Provo and got off at the University Pkwy exit to go get some lunch. While we were driving one of the back roads, we passed this mother duck and her babies right on the side of the road.... cute.... but didn't think much else of it!


After we grabbed our lunch and were driving back, we saw the mother duck circling around the gutter/sewer area with no babies. We both thought that her babies possibly fell into the sewer.... and me being so in touch with the 'motherly' side of things, couldn't just drive away.





Sure enough!! Not only the 4 babies we saw with her fell down there, but there were 10 baby ducks stuck in the sewer. So.... Coby takes the sewer covering thing off and we try to get the babies out. Coby couldn't reach, and decided to go ask this construction crew across the street if they had a shovel (thought of that all on his own)!


Here's the mother just hovering around the sewer!


So Coby starts digging the baby ducks out, one by one!


0
The mother duck actually snapped at Coby once when he wasn't looking!! (meanwhile I am just snapping away at pictures:)

The final baby duck!


~And here they are waddling off to their mother~
It was such a random thing to have happen, but I must say that I was beaming and felt like we had done such a good deed!!! PETA would be so proud :) I just love Coby. He is so good to just do whatever!! The whole rest of the day and ride home I just kept rubbing his back and asking him if he felt good about himself..... he thought I was being so funny and then he added, "Ya well I've probably already shot their cousins, so it's the least I could do!" :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha!!! Coby is so funny! What a sweet little good deed! ;)

    ReplyDelete