Monday, October 4, 2010

Pregnancy Jitters.....

So here we are, so very close to ending this 9 month journey..... and suddenly I've got the nervous jitters!! Nervous for labor, the epidural, if there will be any complications, when exactly he'll be coming (early? late? right on time?), are we really ready, will he be heatlhy, will and can I be a good mom, breast feeding, and the list seems to be endless sometimes. Do all new mothers feel this way.... is this normal??

Don't get me wrong, we are still super super excited and can't wait for our little man to get here, somedays I just get slightly nervous. I just want him to be healthy and to do everything in my power to be a good mom. I feel like sometimes throughout this pregnancy, I forgot that pregnancy actually ends, and it results in a little person!

All in all, he'll be coming very soon and we couldn't be happier!!! :) And being at 35 weeks, we can't wait for the end to get here.

Here we are at 34 weeks!

We are so very close to being completely done with his nursery, so I'll be posting pics of his room.... very soon! Seriously, he is all we think about and talk about! We are already so in love with our little boy!

The last few weeks have been.... let's just say, something new!
  • Although I haven't slept really great this whole pregnancy, it's gotten worse, and I hardly sleep at night. I just toss and turn, get up for the bathroom (once sometimes twice) :) and try to fall back to sleep again. I feel so run down by the time I get home from work, I barely get dinner ready and then want to crash.
  • Another new experience is that of running a marathon a.k.a going up and down the stairs numerous times a day. I still find it so funny to be winded after climbing the stairs :)
  • Reflux.... need I say more? Just the last few weeks, any time I lay down flat or on my right side I feel acid/reflux coming back up. Not so much fun!
  • Feeling him move never gets old! Although it's a little more robust and intense (sometimes a little painful) we both still get excited every time he moves. I love watching Coby light up any time he moves. Coby is always wanting to feel or watch him move and gets a kick out of the really big movements or when my belly is lop-sided with little K on one side or something poking out! :)
  • We've got everything practically assembled, put up, and ready to go, and usually everyday just go sit in his room getting excited.
  • Still no cravings really (not that I know of) but we have recently become fans of the Yoplait fruit smoothies..... they are so good and healthy. (freezer section of wal-mart, just add milk)
  • As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm measuring right on and his heartbeat is always strong and perfect. We start the weekly appointments and checks starting next week.... so here we go! :)

3 comments:

  1. I think every pregnant women has the same feelings, but the baby comes and you figure things out together!! I can totally relate to your reflux issues. I got it so bad that the only way I could get to sleep at night was by sucking on a tums. Did you know that the old wives tale about the more the heartburn the more hair your baby will have is true?! Worked for me!! We will have to wait and see in your case:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally normal. I have a one year old and I still have lots of nerves, so I am sad to say it won't end after the baby comes. But, I do think that is why labor is so hard, because you forget all of your fears and just focus on the task at hand! It will be great and you will forget how bad it all can be quickly, or else we women would never have more than one child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Diane the nerves never really go away. I worry about things with Brooklyn all the time, and with this pregnancy as well. I think you just have to learn to roll with it as best you can! I am so excited to meet your little guy too!!

    ReplyDelete