Monday, October 25, 2010

Knudsen Carving Contest :)

So last night was our annual "Knudsen Pumpkin Carving Competition!" If you know anything about the Knudsen's (mainly Shane and Coby) everything has to be a competition, so Halloween time comes around and it's 'who can carve the best pumpkin.' This is the second year we've done this as a family, but it has now become an annual tradition that I hope we continue to do every year.

Here is everyone with our finished projects!!

And here they are all lit up!

I did the witch and Coby did the werewolf! I must admit, I am pretty proud of myself, due to the fact that all I've ever done has been the usual Jack-o'-Lantern face (you know.... with the triangle eyes and nose, with the big grin) That has always been the extent of my pumpkin carving until I married Coby! :)
Shanell did the spider and Shane did the ghost

Analee did the little gremlin/goblin guy and Reid did the smiley face



And here we are with our finished projects!! (It looks like I swallowed the extra pumpkin and it's lodged somewhere in my mid-section :)

And then here they are in their final destination place in front of our house. I have to quickly say how much I love the fall. I have always thought that I was a summer/winter type of person, but I realized this year that I completely love the fall time! I wish it would last longer, since now we are jumping into the dead of winter with the current snow outside :( Don't get me wrong, I love the snow, but the weather always does this..... gives us a little tease and first snow storm, and then doesn't snow again until the end of December.
Anywho.... Baby K is still just a cookin' inside and enjoying the "warm weather" before making his presence into the world. There were moments when I thought we might be having him early, but now-a-days, I think we might be going right up until November 8th! As long as we don't go over, I'll take anything :) Did I mention, I am officially 38 weeks today? 2 weeks can't come fast enough.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Jess! Those are some awesome pumpkins. Might need you to show me how to do those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be very proud of yourself! Those are so cute. That is way too professional for my pumpkin carving skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazingly talented with the pumpkin carving thing! And your little apartment is decorated so cute. Love it, and love you!

    ReplyDelete