Sunday, August 11, 2013

First month home

Our first day home was sooo quiet! We were going nuts without Kayson, so my parents brought him back the next day.  We were so glad to have him back, but it definitely was an adjustment having two! :)
               Liam mostly just slept!
 Liam was slightly jaundiced, so we put him in the only sunlight we had in the house!
             My sun-bathing little man!
                 First sponge bath at home

            We definitely had to learn the meaning of "soft" with a little one!

                              Coby cuddling both boys early in the morning!
            Kayson playing music for his little brother

 We were lucky enough to have Grandma Brenda stay with us for a few days and help out. And then Grandma Knudsen also came out to stay with us as well.  Some of my discharge instructions when leaving the hospital included not lifting over 10 lbs.... uh, what was I supposed to do with an 11.8lb baby??  Obviously, I had to break that rule, but I was supposed to have help for the first 2 weeks, and our wonderful family stepped in and did just that!  We loved having the grandma's around to play with and help.
                My handsome little man!



             Coby getting very creative with car tracks, etc to help entertain Kayson!
             First real bath at home! He loved it and especially loved getting his hair washed! :)
 During the first month home, we also celebrated Father's Day! Here's Coby and my dad BBQing!

              Such a wonderful dad and grandpa!

              Sure do love my dad!

 And a shout out to Coby! He seriously is so good with our two little boys! I am so lucky to have him!
 Kayson does really well with Liam! He loves to sing to him and play by him and he really has learned to be soft with him.  He always talks to him in a really high pitched voice and will say, "it's ok baby Liam, momma's comin!"  And he always calls him "baby Liam"
            My two boys: Liam 1 month old and Kayson 2 1/2

              All ready for bed!

Just had to post these cute pics of Kayson playing in the sprinklers.  He's been so good with me being tied up with Liam, but he loves any time we can get outside and play in the water! 

No comments:

Post a Comment